Thursday, February 25, 2016

EXCLUSIVE MAKEUP SEMINAR WITH ISOKEN

Hello loves!
How are you guys doing? I promised to put up a blog post on my little adventure last weekend. So I attended a makeup class on Saturday with Isoken.
So how did I get to hear about it? Very funny seriously. I had a long day earlier on Friday and had to get home on time to catch up with a meeting I had later in the day. so I was like lemme even check I nstagram even though it has being so dead of late!! of course snapchat ti fortunately take over! (FOR NOW SHA).

So I saw this Yanga beauty post of real techniques brush set that looked familiar but the page reloaded so fast and moved to something else. So I all together just went to yanga beauty IG page. Then I saw this advert below.

And asked myself. What are you doing tomorrow? Its Starting by 1pm. Ample time! Time to get to know places and possibly connect with other people. But the first thing that caught my eye was the free tickets she was giving to 2 lucky people. I tried but I didn't win. But, i still went and paid and i don't regret it seriously. It was actually worth it!

So I got there around to 2, had an earlier appointment which didn't end till after 1. When I got there, there were so many girls siting around some having little conversations others like me busy on their phones. Probably snap chatting too.lol.

Apparently, the room we were supposed to use wasn't ready yet so we had to wait. I had mailed her a day before  that I would be paying at the venue so a lady walked up to me probably her P.A. not sure and asked for my ticket. I wanted to pay with my card so she went to check with Isoken and came back a couple of minutes later saying we will sort it out before I go and I was like oh kay is God giving me my own free ticket in style. lol. just kidding!

She handed me a lapel pin or badge. (no sure what its called). picture below.



Every other girl had it pinned on. Surprisingly i hadn't noticed till I was given mine. So we were all called in finally!! (My stomach was already rumbling). Not like i went there for the food or anything. oh kay! u gat me- part of the reasons. I like Awoff. (typical Nigerian)

As we entered, there were two cute little boxes on each chairs and  mirror on the table for each chair. cool Huh! I took a seat towards the back cos there were people who paid for VIP which i didn't know or arrangements they made but i didn't want to BÉ and get bounced to the back so i just maintained. and I actually later discovered I made the right choice. The front row was for VIP and the second row, I guess wasn't so sure.

 Anyways, Isoken was very pleasant. she introduced herself formally and told us her age. 23! she actually looks bigger in person. NO OFFENSE! she has a pretty face and cute pair of upper tooth. she was just shiny. I could tell she loves glitters, her eyes were popping since apparently she has a fairy powder glitter makeup collection and her blouse and wrapper were studded. The ring light was not helping the glitters either, it was just like starring at a sky full of stars in a dark night. And did I forget to mention how  funny she was. Switching up accents like from 0-100 real quick bruh!!

She said before we started the class we could all help ourselves to the dessert and juice, feel at home and listen to soft naija music playing in the background. In my mind- NICE AMBIENCE, everything na branding!!- so we all helped ourselves although we were all shy at first but.. hey!! I took my time with eating o. no rush! then we started with me still fondling with a strawberry. Our model was a miss tourism in Nigeria, she introduced herself and the class officially started!


We started with the eye brows of course and ended with the lips as usual. I took a lot of notes lol, like a diligent student that i am. (Medical school has really changed my life). She used her fairy powder on the models eye which was very pretty and also her eyelashes collection aka,.falsies. the fixing of the lashes got almost half the class up for an upclose. For me i don't trust my glasses and i wanted to stretch my legs after a while. Lol.


Our model was really transformed and her beauty was enhanced which i think is one of the most important purpose of makeup, pictures were taken and we were asked to pick up smoothies at the little setup at the back of the class where the dessert were placed previously. And yeah, during the class we were asked to check our bags for L.A. Girl pro concealer if we didn't have (with other goodies of course) so as to collect after the class. which was after we went to the reception to take 'family' and individual pictures. lol! Which was fun!

At that moment it hit me!! I DONT KNOW HOW TO RELATE WITH MY FELLOW GIRLS. I couldn't even make any contacts. So bad. I guess I was feeling a typo weird way with so many girls in the room. You know the way we girls are now? oh! she greeted me, oh! she didn't greet me well, no! she's forming, chai! she can't even dress...BLA, BLA, BLA! i don't really know this girls and the least  i want in my life right now is drama! so i just shut up. Oh kay, i won't lie i was also a bit shy sha.  So..

We got back to the room i picked up my smoothie, collected my concealer in dark cocoa-since my color was not available-i figured that could come in handy in contour someday then, we finalized I go and withdraw and pay in cash. WHICH I DID! Had a little chat with Isoken, gave her a hug and was on my way!

WHAT ABOUT THE FREEBIES?!
Nna too like amebo. hehehe..



Okay so remember the mirror I mentioned above, we took it along! which one of the bags already had its empty carton to package back. The other bag was filled with the makeup goodies we got. Which were: (for me though)

1. JUVIA's contour brush (+1 to my brush collection. yay!)



2. L.A. Girl Eyeliner In SPECTRA BLUE. (can't wait to try it)




3. Lets lash it out Eni falsies. (beautiful packaging, like ankara patterns at the back)




4. Ijose Lux Princess fairy powder, (in this cute little gold pouch like a hidden treasure!)




5. L.A. Girl PRO.conceal in dark cocoa (as mentioned above)




Here's a picture of the full package below 




YES! about the smoothie. it was really nice. i picked a watermelon smoothie randomly and there was a little green card note written in embossed pen in the same bag as the smoothie: (so cute)








ok it reads:  HO pretty
                    I hope u enjoy this drink as much as i enjoyed making them. smoothies are for the *____ as makeup is for the physical I just want to make healthy eating fun
                                                                                           XO
                                                                                         **________

 *(sorry I've being trying to figure what was written there for days now but not clear enough, i guess 'muscle' or 'mind')


**( I'm guessing a name or signature!)
Not bad huh?!

EVERYTHING IS BRANDING O! Feeling a sense of importance are you? and of course you won't easily forget that drink in a hurry. For me, the smoothie was alright BUT, it had a little bit of hausa twist like a little tiny bit of kunu or ginger or both were added. which was okay but not the usual.
And did I mention the cake and cupcakes were heavenly. Lol. chipsy's oven it was called, in Games Village. To think I've lived there before and I never knew. smh!!

Anyways that was my little adventure in words. Tell me what you think and ask more questions. would be glad!
Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Firstly, nice step by step description...I followed through the adventure,just wished it was something else. Never knew you a sweet tooth person,nyc in a way! Finally, the name at the end of the smoothie note is Oluchi.....wonder y t caught my eye......all in all,nice piece. Aunty Shula

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much precious. Eagle eye you've got there. Am glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. "i didn't want to BÉ and get bounced to the back so i just maintained"
    lwkm.. that left me in stitches.
    Winsome write up Aunty Shula, you really took me along on your little adventure. Looking forward to more instalments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buhaha..lol. Glad I could make you laugh. Thank you Crookies pal.

      Delete